Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Windows 8... what's the point?

So I'm one of the few .5 million that downloaded win8.

"I get what Microsoft is up to, after getting pounded the last 6 years for not having a touch capable operating system to run on phones & tablets, they are finally trying to show they can remain relevant in the consumer space".

So I braved the technology preview, installed it to a VHD, suffered tears and blood, found some problems with the object located between the screen and the chair, but I finally succeeded. And as promised, the experience windows 8 delivers is definitely up a level from its predecessors.

However, as I let it all sink in and head to sleep in my comfy bed, I get this overwhelming feeling that says. So what was the point?.....

Let me explain myself, though I get all that Microsoft is doing to stay relevant, neither the new Metro UI nor the base operating system deliver anything that has not already been done before. And for all their bells and whistles, I feel it is all extra baggage.

The more I think about it, the more I think that Google got it right, all we need today both in the corporate and the consumer space, is a web browser.

Goognight.

No comments: